Alliance for Infants and Toddlers
The alliance is available to any Allegheny County family if:
- They have concerns about their child’s development
- Their child is at risk for developing delays due to such factors as prematurity or a stay in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- If mom has postpartum mental health concerns
For more information: http://www.afit.org/
Early Head Start
Early Head Start is a childhood development program for infants, toddlers, pregnant women and their families. Staff work with families to promote children’s development; assist pregnant women to access prenatal and postpartum care; support parent’s efforts to fulfill their parental roles; and help families to move forward toward self-sufficiency. Families participating in the home-based option will receive weekly visits from a home-based visitor who will work with them to promote child-parent relationships and increase the child’s skills through a variety of learning experiences.
For more information:
Family Support Center
Family Support Centers help families build protective factors by providing services in these core service areas:
- Health and Well-being
- Positive Parenting and Child Development (including School Readiness)
- Keeping Children Safe at Home / Family Preservation
- Economic Self-Sufficiency
- Easy Access to a Seamless and Comprehensive Network of Services
Parents with children five and under can participate in Parents as Teachers (http://www.alleghenycountyfamilysupport.org/our-impact/research-findings/parents-as-teachers/), a home-visiting program proven to be effective at strengthening the parent-child bond.
Wesley Spectrum provides a diverse array of education, autism, behavioral health and family support to children and families throughout western Pennsylvania. In-Home Child and Family Services provide intensive, family systems-focused interventions for children and families referred by the Westmoreland Children’s Bureau, the Allegheny County Office of Children, Youth and Families, and/or Juvenile Probation Departments.
For Allegheny County 412-342-2300
For Westmoreland County 724-832-3600
For more information: